Address: 1 Beichen West Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, China
Ph.D. Agricultural Entomology and Pest Control, College of Plant Protection, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China.
Joint Ph.D. Entomology, Department of Entomology, Pennsylvania State University, State College, United States.
M.S. Plant Protection, College of Plant Protection, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China.
B.S. Pharmacy Engineering, College of Plant Protection, Henan Agricultural University, Zhengzhou, China.
Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China 7/2021 – Present
Postdoctoral Fellow in Institute of Zoology, laboratory of Dr. Guan-Hong Wang.
China Agricultural University, Beijing, China 9/2016 – 6/2021
Ph.D. student in College of Plant Protection, laboratory of Dr. Huan-Li Xu.
Project: Gut microbial diversity and pesticide sensitivity mediated by the gut bacteria in Grapholita molesta.
Pennsylvania State University, State College, United States 10/2019 – 10/2020
Joint Ph.D. student in Department of Entomology, laboratory of Dr. Fang (Rose) Zhu.
Project: Characterization of a glutathione S-transferase in the xenobiotic adaptation from Leptinotarsa decemlineata.
China Agricultural University, Beijing, China 9/2014 – 6/2016
M.S. student in College of Plant Protection, laboratory of Dr. Xiao-Xia Liu.
Project: Visual function of opsin in Spodoptera exigua.
Molecular Biology; Entomology; Microbiology; Pest control.
11.Zhu ZY#, Liu YJ#, Hu HY, Wang GH. Nasonia-microbiome associations: a model for evolutionary hologenomics research [published online ahead of print, 2022 Dec 7]. Trends Parasitol. 2022;S1471-4922(22)00278-1. doi:10.1016/j.pt.2022.11.005.
10.Liu YJ#, Moural T#, Koirala B K S, et al. Structural and Functional Characterization of One Unclassified Glutathione S-Transferase in Xenobiotic Adaptation of Leptinotarsa decemlineata. Int J Mol Sci. 2021;22(21):11921.
9. Liu YJ, Zhu F, Shen ZJ, Moural TW, Liu LN, Li Z, Liu XX, Xu HL. Glutaredoxins and thioredoxin peroxidase involved in defense of biopesticide induced oxidative stress in Grapholita molesta. Pestic Biochem Physiol. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pestbp.2021.104881.
8. Liu YJ, Shen ZJ, Yu JM, Li Z, Liu XX, Xu HL. Comparison of gut bacterial communities and their associations with host diets in four fruit borers. Pest Manag Sci. 2020 Apr; 76(4):1353-1362.
7. Liu YJ, Yan S, Shen ZJ, Li Z, Zhang XF, Liu XM, Zhang QW, Liu XX. The expression of three opsin genes and phototactic behavior of Spodoptera exigua (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae): Evidence for visual function of opsin in phototaxis. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2018 May; 96:27-35.
6. Shen ZJ, Liu YJ, Zhu F, Cai LM, Liu XM, Tian ZQ, Cheng J, Li Z, Liu XX. MicroRNA-277 regulates dopa decarboxylase to control larval-pupal and pupal-adult metamorphosis of Helicoverpa armigera. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2020 Jul; 122:103391.
5. Yan S, Liu YJ, Zhu JL, Cui WN, Zhang XF, Yang YH, Liu XM, Zhang QW, Liu XX. Daily expression of two circadian clock genes in compound eyes of Helicoverpa armigera: evidence for peripheral tissue circadian timing. Insect Sci. 2019 Apr; 26(2):217-228.
4. Shen ZJ, Liu YJ, Gao XH, Liu XM, Zhang SD, Li Z, Zhang QW, Liu XX. Molecular identification of two thioredoxin genes from Grapholita molesta and their function in resistance to Emamectin Benzoate. Front Physiol. 2018 Oct 25; 9:1421.
3. Shen ZJ, Zhang SD, Liu YJ, Liu XM, Li Z, Zhang QW, Liu XX. Functional analysis by RNAi of an glutaredoxin gene in Helicoverpa armigera. J Insect Physiol. 2018 Apr; 106(Pt 2):98-105.
2. Liu X, Zhang S, Shen ZJ, Liu Y, Li Z, Liu X. Vrille is required for larval moulting and metamorphosis of Helicoverpa armigera (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). Insect Mol Biol. 2019 Jun; 28(3):355-371.
1. Zhang S, Shen Z, Li Z, Wu F, Zhang B, Liu Y, Zhang Q, Liu X. Identification of a thioredoxin peroxidase gene involved in resistance to nucleopolyhedrovirus infection in Helicoverpa armigera with RNA interference. J Insect Physiol. 2015 Nov; 82:17-27.
Honors & Awards:
2021 Excellent Graduates Awards, China Agricultural University
2020 Excellent Students Awards, China Agricultural University
2020 Scholarship for Graduate Students ($1200), China Agricultural University
2019 Scholarship of Joint Ph.D. Training Program in Pennsylvania State University ($22800)
2018 Excellent Students Awards, China Agricultural University
2018 Scholarship for Graduate Students ($1200), China Agricultural University
2017 Scholarship for Graduate Students ($600), China Agricultural University